Completely wrong. With no thermistor attached the machine reads assorted temperatures between 100 and 220, but not the expected 255. After I tested the pins with a voltmeter (sensor attached), the readings were correct... for a short period. After 1-2 seconds of reading correctly the "temperature" skyrocketed back to 2XX. The same results can be had with another thermistor, so it is definitely on the board. An interesting note was that when heated to around 200 degrees Celsius the board begins to read the temperature correctly, and is able to regulate it fine.
However, given the complete unreliability of such performance I deemed that unacceptable.
A little help on the IRC indicated that either the resistor (4.7kohm) or capacitor (10uF) was damaged. I have no way to know what damaged them, but evidently something is broken. I probed the resistor, and got the correct resistance, but I managed to damage it by trying to re-seat it on the pads -- knocking off the soldering pads on the component itself. As I do not have spares of the parts, I scrounged and found the needed bits on some assorted and functional boards in the scrap pile, and replaced the capacitor and the resistor.
The board runs the extruder test program fine, and takes reprogramming correctly. However, it no longer communicates with the mainboard. This could be the side effect of re-seating a number of the components, as I felt like some were not well seated. I have yet to test the pins on the chip used to communicate over the cat-5 cable.
The timing could not be worse, because our PLA is now just sitting there, waiting, begging to be used.